Let’s talk about a mind-expanding duo that’s creating some serious buzz – meditating with cannabis. Yep, you heard it right!
Some people swear by this combo as if it’s the secret sauce to inner peace.
Intrigued? Buckle up, because we’re diving head-first into this tranquil blend of mindfulness and Mary Jane.
Why this combo of meditating and cannabis is a gift to mankind
Cannabis has this rep for making you chill, but when you team it up with meditation, it’s like unlocking a hidden level in a video game. Here’s the lowdown on what this power duo can do for you:
- Kick Anxiety to the Curb: Say goodbye to those pesky nerves. This combo calms the mind and makes you feel like you’re getting a mental massage.
- Unleash Your Inner Picasso: Some strains of cannabis can crank up your creativity. That’s like adding color to your meditation canvas.
- Supercharge Your Focus: Ever tried to meditate and ended up planning your grocery list? Cannabis can be that gentle nudge that keeps you on track.
- Know Thyself: This pair can be your personal guide to self-awareness. It’s like having a heart-to-heart with yourself.
- Pain? What Pain?: Managing chronic pain can be a tad easier when you have cannabis and meditation as your sidekicks.
Preparing for meditation whilst high on cannabis
Before you jump in, let’s arm you with some Zen Master tricks:
- Baby Steps, My Friend: Especially if you’re a newbie. Start with a smidge of cannabis. Too much too soon is like diving into the deep end without knowing how to swim.
- It’s Not One-Size-Fits-All: Not all cannabis strains are created equal. Some are like a double espresso, while others are more like a calming chamomile tea. Experiment and find your sweet spot.
- Set Your Compass: Before you dive in, set an intention. Like, what’s your goal here? Inner peace, self-discovery, solving world hunger? Whatever it is, keep it in mind.
- Comfy is Key: You don’t need a fancy meditation pillow. Just find a snug spot where you won’t be interrupted by life’s chaos.
- Mindful Magic: Focus on your breath, feel your body, and watch your thoughts like clouds passing by.
What’s the sensation of meditating with cannabis like?
Your body is uber relaxed, colors might seem more vibrant, and time might take on a snail’s pace. You might even get super in-tune with your emotions.
- Relaxed Body: Many people find that cannabis helps to relax the muscles and create a sense of physical calm, which helps for meditation.
- Heightened Senses: Cannabis may heighten your senses, so you might become more aware of smells, sounds, and tactile sensations.
- Altered Perception of Time: It can alter your perception of time, making it feel like it’s passing more slowly. This may enable you to delve deeper into your meditation.
- Enhanced Imagery: You may experience more vivid mental images and colors during visualization meditations.
- Greater Emotional Sensitivity: Cannabis can sometimes make you more sensitive to your emotions, which can be insightful but also overwhelming for some.
Thought patterns brought about when meditating with cannabis
- Mindfulness and Presence: You might find that cannabis helps you to be more present and mindful of the moment. Your attention might be more focused on your breath, thoughts, and sensations.
- Reflective Thinking: The combination of cannabis and meditation may lead to reflective thinking, where you ponder life, your emotions, and your place in the world. This can be an important step in using cannabis to heal your trauma.
- Creative Thinking: Some people experience enhanced creativity and may find that ideas and insights flow more freely.
- Non-Judgmental Awareness: Being under the influence of cannabis might make it easier for you to observe your thoughts without judgment, a fundamental aspect of meditation.
Cannabis meditation tips
Stephen Gray, the author of “Cannabis and Spirituality,” speaks about the potential of cannabis as a spiritual tool. According to Gray, to harness the spiritual potential of cannabis, one must establish a relationship with the plant that is grounded in intention, connection, respect, and reverence.
- Start with a Simple Technique: If you are new to meditating with cannabis, it’s a good idea to start with a simple mindfulness or breathing exercise.
- Set an Intention: Before you begin, set an intention for your meditation. This could be something like achieving peace, understanding your emotions, or gaining insights into a particular issue.
- Maintain Focus: If your mind begins to wander, gently bring your focus back to your breath or the meditation technique you are practicing.
- Deep Respect: Gray mentions that in Native American traditions, having a deep and respectful connection with the intelligence of plants or animals is considered as having medicine. The concept is about slowing down the mind, calming thoughts, and learning to listen
- Journaling: Keep a journal nearby to jot down any insights or thoughts that arise during your meditation. This can help you to process and understand your experience afterward.
- Practice Regularly: Like any skill, meditation with cannabis may improve with practice. Make it a regular part of your routine if you find it beneficial.
Zen word on meditating with cannabis
Meditating with cannabis can be a powerful tool for relaxation, introspection, and creativity. As with any form of meditation, patience and consistency are key.
It’s also advisable to check the legal status of cannabis in your location and to consult a healthcare professional if you have any health concerns or are taking medications that could interact with cannabis.
Being mindful and receptive to one’s own experiences and reactions is key to ensuring a positive and beneficial meditation experience with cannabis. Whether you’re looking to reduce anxiety and stress, increase creativity, or simply deepen your meditation practice, incorporating cannabis into your mindfulness routine may be worth exploring.
Stay zen, folks.